La naissance de Sherlock Holmes

mardi 29 mars 2016

Where is Sherlock Holmes in the opium den ?

In the Adventure of the man with the twisted lip, Dr Watson, to help a friend of his wife, get down in an opium den.

There he found his fellow Holmes disguised as an old men.

I suppose, Watson, said Holmes, that you imagine that I have added opium smoking to cocaine injections, and all the other little weaknesses on which you have favoured me with your medical views.I come to find an enemy, I am in the midst of a very remarkable inquiry.

In 1869 Gustave Doré, the French illustrator of Perrault’s tales, with the journalist Jerrold Blanchard explored the city of London, London slums as well fashionable London. A book was published illustrated with engravings, like a photographic reporting.


Here is the opium den where Watson met Holmes disguised. On the left, there is a man with a crutch who is watching us. Perharps Sherlock Holmes ?...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire